As LED strips are getting more and more popular, there is a lot of confusion around how to use them best. The most common question we see is, “is it safe to leave an LED strip on constantly?” Yes, if your led strips are of good quality and installed correctly, no obstacles interfere with heat dissipation.
LED strips, also known as a ribbon of light, come in all shapes and sizes. This type of lighting can be found in retail stores, restaurants, hotels, and homes. LED strip has several valuable features that make LEDs a great option. One of the important features is that they produce very little heat, last up to 10 times longer than conventional lighting bulbs, and consume very little power when in constant use. Unlike incandescent bulbs, LEDs do not generate light through heat. LED strips produce a minimal amount of heat, meaning they are unlikely to overheat and catch fire.
LED strips also have a longer service life and are durable. So led strips can be left standing 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
But, cheap LED strips carry the risk of overheating and can cause fires.
Most LED strips are low voltage 12V or 24V, so they need to work with an LED driver. Please make sure the LED driver is of good quality, and cheaper LED drivers can also cause overheating and lead to fires.
One more thing, ensure that the connections are electrically insulated. Exposed contacts can cause short circuits, which can lead to a fire.
Even though quality LED strips can be on for long periods, it is advisable to turn them off if they are not needed or if you are traveling. This will save electricity and avoid other accidents.